Thread: Formula 1

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS

Formula 1

As some of you probably know I'm a big fan of F1 racing which is sort of a sport that not a lot of Americans recongise. Most everyone is very aware of NASCAR and Indycar, most all ppl that like motorsports know F1 exist but don't follow it for whatever reason. I grew up on Sunday afternoons watching nothing but F1 and was mesmerized by everything. The lines of the car, the open cabin, the tall wing, no fenders, and the screaming engines... One car I always remember sticking in my head was the red and white Marlboro McLaren-Honda. In the 90's all the cars ran v12's and Hondas was the best, as the years have gone by and different laws concerning emissions and fuel consumption have surfaced the cars were switched to v10, v8, and this season(which just ended yesterday) a turbo'd v6 with all sorts of hybrid technology. Somewhere in the late 90's to early 2000's Honda and McLaren split ways and Honda focused on other things. Well a few months back McLaren announced that they are teaming up with Honda for the coming 2015 season. So the car will be Honda powered. There hasn't been any testing done or experimenting with the power unit until about a week ago. They used Silverstone raceway for some testing. Since it was during the season that this happened they were only allowed 100 kilometers of driving to test. Now that the season is done, they have a 2 week testing period with all the other teams in Abu Dahbi. Here is a little teaser McLaren put on their website last night. Hopefully everyone on here will get into F1 now and find a driver they like and we could have an F1 thread for the coming 2015 season!

http://youtu.be/SzouwIF-5CU

I saw this yesterday too, I'm a big F1 fan and watch them religiously! I've never had a chance to go to a race but my uncle went to a bunch in Monaco over the last 15 years. I am VERY excited for the honda/mclaren partnership and cannot wait to see how they do against the Mercedes teams that always seem to win lol

Honda208 Fall King 2014 slohatch's Avatar
    I've always like the f1 cars, I just never really sit down and watch any of the races thow. It is insane the amount of technology that is in those cars!!
    93 civic hatch gsr swapped
    91 crx \"dd\" gone
    95 civic hatch gone
    97 accord sedan
    The guy with the beard

I am a proud honda fanboy, I have always been bad at following racing but hope to do much better in the future!

2002 Honda Accord - DD
    1998 Honda Civic Coupe - Chump Car (1/6 Owner)
    1992 Honda Civic Hatch - Still Planning
    1990 Honda Accord Coupe - Attempted Grip Car
    1989 Toyota Soarer - Looks Pretty
    1986 Toyota Cressida - POS Drift Car

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    I'm currently saving some coin to go to either the Canadian GP or the US GP in Austin next year. But yeah, it is a blast to follow and watch. Good to hear there are some fans on here! Let's get some more interested so we can do meets for the races next year or something.

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    So this was announced publicly today from Mclaren-Honda. So pumped to see Fernando and Button racing for the same team. Two favorite drivers for my favorite team! There is also a bit of Mclaren-honda racing history in the article!
    http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team...tton-for-2015/

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    Well McLaren-Honda debuted their new F1 car today. The first round of testing begins on Feb1. Should be interesting to see how it goes. Here is an article with a picture of the new regulation front wing and the new livery. http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/31036093

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    Found some official release pics from McLaren. It's stunning!!

Honda208 Owner/Admin Sufikation's Avatar
    Vehicle
    95 GSR Sedan/15 Fit EXL
    Dope!
    Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure. - Soichiro Honda

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    I'm anxious to see how the testing goes! Can't wait for the first race of the season!!

Honda208 Fall King 2014 slohatch's Avatar
    That's sexy

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    A little flash back Friday here. Aryton Senna, going around Monaco in 88, dominating the competition in a Honda-McLaren.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFqsWWG1qE

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    First GP of the 2015 F1 season is sunday. Australian Grand Prix. First race for McLaren with the Honda engines. Should be interesting.

Honda208 Owner/Admin Sufikation's Avatar
    Vehicle
    95 GSR Sedan/15 Fit EXL
    Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure. - Soichiro Honda

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    Lol. I saw this online from road and track. This is the new aero design for the Indy car series. Never got into Indy. I'm sure it's cool, they just don't do enough road courses or gp tracks. I wish they still did the GI Joe 300 in Portland with these. My dad used to drive for penzoil and they would get him pit passes and he got to meet Mario and Michael Andretti and fitipaldi and go in the race trailers. Pretty cool stuff.

Honda208 Member
    I knew when I saw this I may cringe. I am also a religious F1 nut, and yet. I cannot cry over Mclaren Honda's Position this year.The Motor literally just doesnt keep up.

My 85 Crx *<{Lafonda}>*( Build thread.
    My 92 eg8 sedan **
    "If you're not first you're last!" "VTEC just kicked in yo!"

Vehicle
    2004 Forester XS
    Yeah, I've loved Alonso and Button and was super excited to see them teammates, but so bummed with the result of the honda power. It's been nice to see ferrari and redbull making a bit of a competition through out the year. But ultimately and unfortunately nobody could touch mercedes. Hopefully by next year Ferrari, Renault, and Honda can figure it out and give competition