Thread: Honda Standing by there product !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda208 Member

Honda Standing by there product !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have been watching the news lately you know Honda has a massive recall on the airbags for there cars.

Here is some info http://hondaairbaginfo.com/

Well the other day I was searching on the FIT forum and found a thread on the recall for the FIT. So after reading thru the thread people were actually scared to drive there cars cause basically the airbag could possibly kill you if it went off. After some more reading and searching. I found out Honda was giving people loaner cars so they didn't have to drive there effected cars due to this possibility.

After thinking about it for a couple days I called LM honda and started to ask some questions about the recall and loaner cars and even me keeping my FIT until the parts come in to fix it.. Which no one knows when that will be. After some back and forth with a super nice lady I was told to bring my car down the next day and I would be taken care of.

I arrive the next day, they verified my FIT was effected by the recall, they then proceeded to give me a loaner car 2015 civic hybrid and also had me sign a paper stating I could keep the fit at my house but was not allowed to drive it. They then had the service manager drive the car to my house cause I wasn't allowed to drive the car of course and I have the civic until the parts come in.. Last ETA i was told was sometime this summer...

Thank you honda for the new civic to drive
    Last edited by jserman; 03-10-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Wow, love this brand

Honda208 Fall King 2014 slohatch's Avatar
    That is awesome

Vehicle
    93 Civic Coupe
    definitely a good company to do this for everyone.
    '05 Dodge Neon SXT - traded
    '92 Eclipse GSX - sold
    '93 Civic Coupe - sold

Thank you for posting this, it is nice to see people appreciate everything that is being done.

2002 Honda Accord - DD
    1998 Honda Civic Coupe - Chump Car (1/6 Owner)
    1992 Honda Civic Hatch - Still Planning
    1990 Honda Accord Coupe - Attempted Grip Car
    1989 Toyota Soarer - Looks Pretty
    1986 Toyota Cressida - POS Drift Car

Honda208 New Member
    Are all honda seat belts still warranty for life? I've always found honda to keep safety a priority and I love the brand for it.

Honda208 Owner/Admin Sufikation's Avatar
    Vehicle
    95 GSR Sedan/15 Fit EXL
    Honda is a great company...our local dealerships can be not so great.
    Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure. - Soichiro Honda